JKT48 New Website
JKT48 got a new layout and website today. The contents really looked amazing and have such an incredible “Coming Soon” features such as Online Shop, that could help people easier to buy JKT48 swags online.
It seems like the management decided to take a different developer for developing the new website by utilizing the service by Buzoo, PT. An Indonesian division for Buzoo.jp
You could see the Indonesian branch profile via YouTube :
The website contents is getting much more better compared to the old site and more to that, they also have a very nice mobile version, but in my own honest opinion, there are some things that they need to do to optimize the website :
- Caching Mechanism or utilizing PHP OPCode such as APC or eAccelerator to help the website loading speed
- Using Varnish in front of Apache could really boost the website speed too
- Since the server is located in Japan with Bekkoame, it might be better to prepared a CDN with Indonesian POP since there will be a lot of Indonesian visitors. Push Zone or Pull Zone doesn’t matter as long as the CDN have a POP in either Indonesia or Singapore
- Using a far expired date for the cache via .htaccess
- Some proofreading needed since “Stage Songs” is mistranslated to “Lagu Tahap”
- If they want to sell the swags to overseas buyer, perhaps they will need to make the server PCI Compliant and also with an SSL certificate, but I think they will do that sooner or later since Buzoo also does some work for a local private bank for their credit cards offering website*
That above is entirely my own honest opinion as a newbie in server configuration for optimizing websites, so…yeah, perhaps I’ve made some mistakes in my opinion, and I’m really sorry if it does. What about yours ? perhaps you have another opinions for the website ? please leave a comment or two below if you do have another opinion
* Based on the records of the nameservers IPs Buzoo used.